Civic association AGNES (Agency
for the Non-profit Sector) was founded in 1998. Its main aim is to support the
NGO sector development in the Czech Republic.
AGNES is mainly active in following areas:
- Education and training;
- Information services and publishing;
- Promotion and presentation of the NGO sector through cultural and
AGNES aims to support:
- Public knowledge about the NGO sector;
- Volunteer activities in public benefit areas;
- Development of civil activities in regions;
- Social care and health care areas;
- Development of cooperation between the NGO sector and state offices, local
authorities and private sector;
- International cooperation.
From 1998 to 2005 AGNES implemented and organized the following projects
- 8 yearly education courses for NGO managers and many other
education and training thematic courses;
- 4 nationwide researches (Activities and Needs of the NGO
sector, Non-profit Sector and the Public Policy, Philanthropy in the Czech
- 11 publications (7 collections of texts, 3 research results, 1
- Library and Archive of NGOs;
- Club of the Non-profit Sector;
- Various services for NGOs.